blue basilica

~ as if truth were a secret in such low solution that only immensity can give us a sensible taste ~

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, NY, United States

Friday, April 20, 2007

tooth in advertising.

I love ads for products that have such substantial brand recognition that the ads themselves have been allowed to have little to do with the product itself (trust me, that makes sense). needless to say, they are more creative and compelling that your average ad. to me, geico is the preeminent leader in this field, what with the brilliant tiny house, and the transcendent caveman series (see the crowning caveman achievement here).
(thanks be to slack for originally turning me on to that last link.)

but before i fell for geico, my favorite ads were actually radio spots -- bud light's real men of genius series, replete with the movie preview voiceman and a steve perry impersonator/parodier (imparodonator?). (unbeknownst to me for a long time, at least some of these are also television ads, but i think they work better on the radio.)

anyway, there is a site where you can hear countless real men of genius ads. two of my faves: mr. paranoid of the ocean guy (even the title is lol) and mr. dishonest cable tv hooker upper.
(thanks be to a reader of the sports guy for this site.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home