blue basilica

~ as if truth were a secret in such low solution that only immensity can give us a sensible taste ~

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, NY, United States

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

brow, do you do?

You know it's hot when the sweat you (i) accumulated on the q train platform simply waiting for the subway trickles from your (my) forehead onto your (my) glasses, midway through the air-conditioned train ride.

man, once you get a bead of sweat on your glasses, youre not gonna see totally clearly through that lens until you have a chance to break out that special glasses wipe and the cleaning solution. (ie, you're gonna see that streak for a while.) even when your head is angled such that the light does not reveal the streak, you just know it's there, waiting for you like the cat vomit you heard but have not yet located.

my beef is not with sweat, however. i like a good sweat.

i file my complaint with my eyebrows. i mean, look at the first sentence in that wikipedentry: "The main function of the eyebrows is to prevent moisture, mostly salty sweat and rain, from flowing into the eye, an organ critical to sight."

what the hell went wrong here? why did left brow fail me?

i take care of them brows. i tweeze them to give them each their independence. once in a while i lather them with a little shampoo because hey - they're hair too, right? i've been known to do that run-your (my)-thumb-and-pointer-finger
-up-the-length-of-the-brows thing to keep them classily shaped.

but when i play basketball, i still get sweat in my eyes. and this morning, sweat on my glasses.

they're the goofiest body part in the world. if they're not 100 percent accurate, what's the pt?

speaking of pointless, thus ends my most meaningless post to date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home