blue basilica

~ as if truth were a secret in such low solution that only immensity can give us a sensible taste ~

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, NY, United States

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

the wiggles.

everal nights ago chez moi, i mentioned to d that i could wiggle my ears. (i honestly cant remember what brought this to mind at the time.) much to my surprise, he was like, 'so can i,' and proceeded to prove it. but to my even greater surprise, he thought most people can do it. it's never been a source of pride for him.

not so with me. i have always been under the impression that we ear-wigglers are a rare breed. in my life ive known other people who can do it, but theyve been few and far between. so im taking this poll. im sure ill get a miniscule sample size out of this, but whatevs. the pt is - am i special, or what?

Free polls from Pollhost.com
can you wiggle your ears (without using your hands, obv)?
yes no

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

B. I think you're special, but if I remember correctly, there are a few muscles behind and above your ears (auricularis muscles) that allow the upward and backward motion of your ears voluntarily. Most people who know how to do it don't know how they know. I don't see why people can't hone this skill considering they are voluntary muscles. But I can't do it.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Gina Kay said...

Its kinda like the Vulcan salute in that sense.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Jeannie said...

prince, to prove your theory i must say i learned how to do it when i was a kid by looking at myself in the mirror. you sort of exercise where you think those muscles might be and soon be default you learn to wiggle at least a little. and like any muscle the more you practice the better you get. that's my two cents.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Jeannie said...

that said, i'm not very good at it. my forehead moves along with my ears. which looks a lot less cool.

1:55 PM  
Blogger mab said...

i would recommend furrowing your brow while you wiggle your ears and your forehead will stay still. but you will look like and angry elf.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home