blue basilica

~ as if truth were a secret in such low solution that only immensity can give us a sensible taste ~

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, NY, United States

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

rankings 1.


top five rock songs with the name of a state in the title:

5. alabama, neil young
4. sweet home alabama, lynyrd skynyrd
3. ohio, crosby, stills, nash & young
2. going to california, led zeppelin
1. california dreamin, the mamas & the papas

† songs like new york state of mind were ineligible if it was assumed that they referred to a city, rather than a state. (ironic in that case, considering the song's title actually contains the word 'state.')

†† songs like carolina in my mind were ruled out because they didnt specify a carolina.

††† sufjan stevens songs were ineligible just b/c that's too easy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nora said...

I nominate Carry Me Ohio by Sun Kill Moon. A new favorite.

(I feel like we're filming a virtual scene from the movie adaptation of High Fidelity. I get to be John Cusack. You have to be Jack Black.)

6:50 PM  
Blogger Colby said...

that's a cosby sweater. that's a COSBY sweater!

pretty soon ill have to do a city-song ranking. then we'll all be in trouble.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Gina Kay said...

Last night I played all my 4 & 5 starred songs. Neil Young's Alabama was, of course, included and the one that I forget I love so much, Judy Garland's I happen to like New York. Still no song is sweet than Georgia by Willie

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home