blue basilica

~ as if truth were a secret in such low solution that only immensity can give us a sensible taste ~

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, NY, United States

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

another scene.

EXT. - OUTSIDE OF COFFEESHOP - NIGHT

Lina is smoking a cigarette. Thomas is keeping her company.


LINA
I know. I shouldn't smoke. I promised myself I'd quit after graduation. It's terrible.

THOMAS
No, I like how you look when you smoke.

LINA
You like how I look?

THOMAS
I mean, I think it's okay to smoke. You're young.

LINA
Yeah, I guess you're right.

THOMAS
So you got your hair cut?

LINA
Yeah, do you like it?

THOMAS
Yeah, I like it a lot.
(a beat)
Most guys don't like short hair on girls. But I do.

Lina is visibly weirded out by this statement.

LINA
Well, thanks. I guess.

Thomas starts to turn red.

THOMAS
I just mean, most guys have more traditional views of beauty.

Lina gawks; Thomas is crimson.

THOMAS
No, that came out wrong. What I mean to say is, with most dudes--

LINA
You don't deal with silence well, do you?

THOMAS
I guess not.

LINA
Maybe you should embrace it a bit more. Silence is your friend, Thomas.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

silence IS your friend.

10:04 AM  
Blogger leenabean said...

ha! I believe what I actually said was, "Wow, then I really better grab onto you while I still can."

but this is funny, too :)

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home