blue basilica

~ as if truth were a secret in such low solution that only immensity can give us a sensible taste ~

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, NY, United States

Thursday, August 23, 2007

perfection.

I was reminded of the following event by david schoenfield of espn.com, who lists it as number one in the greatest beatdowns in [sports] history. (the 30-3 baseball game i posted about earlier today came in at #8.)

anyway, this has long been one of my favorite sports moments of all time - if not my single favorite - so im gonna set it up romantically.

zeus used to inhabit animals in order to carry on sexual affairs outside the watchful eye of his wife hera, or to trick his lovers into fooling around with him in the first place.

this is an example of god inhabiting another animal for a few minutes. secretariat, finishing his triple crown, at the belmont stakes in '73:

2 Comments:

Blogger Nora said...

Wow. Wow. Wow. Never seen that before.

I've always loved the name Secretariat. I just think it's really perfect - for some reason, it evokes honor, stature, greatness, etc. for me. If I had a horse who was a potential triple-crown winner, I would try really hard to pick the same kind of name, because it almost makes the legend better. I mean, Smarty Jones? Really?

3:47 PM  
Blogger Colby said...

again with the great comment!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home