blue basilica

~ as if truth were a secret in such low solution that only immensity can give us a sensible taste ~

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, NY, United States

Friday, November 16, 2007

love child, never meant to be. love child, woulda paid homage to pointy.

Needless to say, i love the painter georges-pierre seurat. (this should be needless to say b/c my friggin profile pic is a seurat, and my last one was too.)

anyway, some time ago, when j.go and i were 'together,' we fantasized about naming our firstborn son 'seurat.' this was one of my favorite parts of our relationship, b/c besides j.go, anyone ive ever told that i want to name my son seurat, to a man, has balked at the idea, and here i was, dating someone who not only didnt balk, but liked the moniker for the fruit of her own loins as well!

needless to say part deux, it looks like j.go and i are never gonna hatch a seurat together. but i at least still plan to bestow the name upon my male scion, and seurat the painter has remained a happy memento for both of us.

along those lines, yesterday j.go called my attention to the following rendering, made of soda cans, of a sunday afternoon on the island of la grande jatte, the pointillism master's signature work - which happened to be featured in ferris bueller's day off, i might add. (it's the one cameron stares at when they go to the museum.)

this reproduction of the painting is dear to me b/c it combines my love of seurat -


with my love of soda cans (this is a detail) -


the piece uses 106,000 aluminum cans, which apparently is the number used in the US every thirty seconds.

it's called Cans Seurat, and it's by Chris Jordan at the Von Lintel Gallery. j.go found it at bored&beautiful.

have a good kend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home